Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Creating a new class  (Read 13087 times)

June 08, 2009, 02:25:48 PM

Hi. I am going to make (try at least) a mod for DA when it's out. I am thinking to make a new class, something in the lines of a cleric. I don't have any experience in such things, so I am going to ask some question about the process.

1. Do I have to design all the new spells, feats and skills for this class? With descriptions, casting time, damage, modifiers, spell combos etc? It seems to me a lot of work and I don't know how easy will be to balance this class with the rest of the existing classes.
2. Will be necessary to create new animations for this class to accompany some of the new spells and skills? Will someone from the community have 3D and modelling skills and create this new animations?
3. Do I have to offer this new class as a choice to have during character creation or it will be ok if this new class is a joinable character?

I'll  ask more concrete questions as I write down more ideas with time. Thanks :)

June 08, 2009, 02:29:16 PM
Reply #1

1) Yes, unless you borrow some from the Mage. It won't be easy.
2) Most likely you will need to make these on your own, unless you can talk others into doing it.
3) So far, there appears to be base classes and prestige classes. You can design the new class as either.
That is not dead which can eternal lie.
 And with strange aeons even death may die.

June 14, 2009, 04:22:38 PM
Reply #2

Do we have any info about the mage spells? Are the spells level-depending or is there any other system to learn them? Thanks.

June 14, 2009, 06:31:00 PM
Reply #3

I think they're more skill based with prereqs. The Diablo system.
That is not dead which can eternal lie.
 And with strange aeons even death may die.