Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Dragon Age Builder Chat Questions  (Read 8286 times)

July 15, 2009, 12:15:06 PM

This thread is for any questions  people would like to see answered during the DA Builder's chat, so it's not just me, but everyone who attends who gets a stab at it.
That is not dead which can eternal lie.
 And with strange aeons even death may die.

July 23, 2009, 02:16:53 PM
Reply #1

1. How does the terrain painting (textures) feel? Is it more easy that in NWN2?

2. How is time measured, if you want something to happen in 3 days in the game, what time functions are available?

3. What about the GUI modifying restrictions? Will there be any workaround to that in the near future?

4. Would it be technically possible for the social site to host databases instances for all the projects and act as a team's server? The bandwith shouldn't be a problem, the size also, so I guess the problem can be if they can set up hundred of databases for us.

5. Does Bioware seems to encourage mods based in the DA world, and is there any plan to offer some kind of support, in term of lore, to those that will do so?

6. How do you feel about the possibility to make money from the mods? Will this affect the sharing aspect of the community, and how will team and community efforts be handled in such a mod? People wouldn't like someone to profit from their content. With profit-able mods, will we see stricter copyright policy in the social site?

7. Is the world map scrollable (like BG2)?

8. Are there signs in the toolset that show that the toolset is able to handle MP in the future?

9. Is there any gore modifying function in the toolest? I mean can we affect gore in the OC from the toolset, in case there isn't any such choice in the game itself?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 02:31:35 PM by Elvhen Veluthil »

July 26, 2009, 03:44:09 PM
Reply #2

I can't connect to the chat for some reason.

July 26, 2009, 04:11:14 PM
Reply #3

What are you using to try and connect? and is it giving you an error?
That is not dead which can eternal lie.
 And with strange aeons even death may die.

July 26, 2009, 05:48:37 PM
Reply #4
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Thanks for hosting this, I look forward to hearing about your experiences with the toolset.

Here are some questions I'm curious about, if you have any information about this stuff:

Publishing mods:

Do we know how mods are published / updated, and how those updates interact with games saved while playing an older version of the mod? Will it be feasible to patch a mod to fix bugs or add a bunch of new content, for example, without breaking people's saved games for that mod?

Audio engine:

I haven't heard much about the audio engine. Is it possible to have multiple background music tracks playing at once, and crossfade between the two? How is, for example, the transition between 'battle music' and 'wandering around' music handled? If you're playing background music in one area and you switch to a different area and want the same music to continue, will it continue from the same place in the track or will it start the track over again?

thanks!