Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Questions About Dragon Age  (Read 28815 times)

July 14, 2009, 12:01:15 AM
  • Adept
    • View Profile
    • www.soulsoft.com.br/to3h

i have read  about dragon age and i saw they will be a single player game only
do you think futures expasions can be attach muliplayer support?

and the level system of the game will be diablo like reaching lvls like 250 and such or will be more and less d&d like  until lvl 40
or mmorpg like  80 lvls  and such?

they will realease the game in this year?

the script system is much like the nwscript? i look at some pics and see some parts of scripts in pics and lookslike nwscript
My servers:

badlands PRC  direct connect:  to3h.redirectme.net

to3h pw : http://www.soulsoft.com.br/to3h/

pindorama educational project nwn : http://projetopindorama.blogspot.com/

July 14, 2009, 01:06:18 AM
Reply #1

I don't know on max cap. I don't expect MP.

It's more DnDish, you'll see if you get the game.

The game comes out in september, it's ready to go.

Script system is a far, far more advanced version of NWScript. Even combat is in scripting.
That is not dead which can eternal lie.
 And with strange aeons even death may die.

July 14, 2009, 10:58:34 AM
Reply #2

Strat, how moddable does the scripting (re: Combat) seem to be?

Would it be possible to then do a 3E like version (D&D here)?

How about the GUI?  Is it moddable?

July 14, 2009, 12:45:37 PM
Reply #3

Completely, if you wanted to. I'd call it a waste of time though. It would have all the problems of NWN though, and some more because it wasn't even designed. Also, you couldn't do feats, spells or anything like that because the UI is not designed for it and the UI is not moddable at all. It uses proprietary scaleform. Good luck there.

July 14, 2009, 01:07:37 PM
Reply #4

A couple of questions:

1. How easy will be using the toolset animation tool (don't know what is called exactly) to make new animation for our custom classes, spells, skills etc?

2. Do you have any lore to share with us from David? Any info about a world map?

3. How does the terrain painting (textures) feel? Is it more easy that in NWN2?

4. How is time measured, if you want something to happen in 3 days in the game, what time functions are available?

5. How is area transition done, BG style (borders) or NWN2 style (in a specific exit symbol)?

6. How easy is to equip NPC in the toolset? Is armor modification easy?

7. Beside the "cutscene" style conversation, is there another way to display conversation (NWN1)?

8. Any info in the new builders website? From what I understood, it will allow a modding team to log in Bioware's server and store there all their work. Will it allow different access privileges? What is the size given to each team/project? What kind of team discussion tools will be available (forum)?

Many questions after all. Thanks for answering  any of them :)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 01:09:12 PM by Elvhen Veluthil »

July 14, 2009, 02:26:10 PM
Reply #5

1) No idea, I didn't pay attention to that. VFX is easy though.
2) I skipped that discussion. However, I would recommend reading "The Stolen Throne". It has at least a partial world map and a fair amount of background on some of the main story NPCs.
3) It's better than NWN2, but I'm not talented with it. One of the mod-builders though, was able to get a couple decent areas in a few hours of work.
4) Not a clue, didn't look.
5) Painted triggers or doors.
6) Equipping is really quick, not a hassle at all. We didn't have all of the graphical assets, but armour is single modeled. There's no concept of parts like in NWN1.
7) No, or at least not that I know of. There are ambient lines that appear over the NPC's head, but that's not a conversation.
8) It's still under development, so I'm not going to say a lot about it. However, it's already fairly useful. And yes, it has all of the main features you'd expect of a website like that.

July 14, 2009, 07:30:23 PM
Reply #6

world map, probably needs flash like the rest of the site *grumble*

July 15, 2009, 09:47:36 AM
Reply #7

July 15, 2009, 01:16:45 PM
Reply #8

Thanks about the answers Strat and about the map posts. I have read the book and now I am looking for a continent map, one that will have Orlais and the rest of the countries.

July 28, 2009, 10:10:36 PM
Reply #9

Quote from: Stratovarius

1) No idea, I didn't pay attention to that. VFX is easy though.
2) I skipped that discussion. However, I would recommend reading "The Stolen Throne". It has at least a partial world map and a fair amount of background on some of the main story NPCs.
3) It's better than NWN2, but I'm not talented with it. One of the mod-builders though, was able to get a couple decent areas in a few hours of work.
4) Not a clue, didn't look.
5) Painted triggers or doors.
6) Equipping is really quick, not a hassle at all. We didn't have all of the graphical assets, but armour is single modeled. There's no concept of parts like in NWN1.
7) No, or at least not that I know of. There are ambient lines that appear over the NPC's head, but that's not a conversation.
8) It's still under development, so I'm not going to say a lot about it. However, it's already fairly useful. And yes, it has all of the main features you'd expect of a website like that.

Wonderful, I think. Sounds like the DA: O Toolset is the Electron (NWN2) toolset on steroids.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 10:11:06 PM by ladydesire »

July 29, 2009, 12:20:16 PM
Reply #10

I can guarantee it will be the best toolset you have run across to date for a game. Everything is there, and everything has been working on to make it faster and easier to use.

July 30, 2009, 09:10:13 AM
Reply #11

I can guarantee it will be the best toolset you have run across to date for a game. Everything is there, and everything has been working on to make it faster and easier to use.

It sounds like it is everything that the Electron Engine Toolset is NOT - and that is a very, VERY good thing!

Thanks for the info, Strat!

August 05, 2009, 01:42:43 AM
Reply #12

Strat will there be a shifter or shifter like class? or is it to different of a game from NWN1? Is it true there will only be three classes?... my money is burning a hole in my pocket can't wait till September. I hope I can run this game with my modest computer. No mater what I will still buy it to support PRC. I have had years of fun and never paid a penny for it so it is the least I can do. Hope the game is a success. I have had to keep my expectations on earth because you did tell me once that the game was not like NWN so I will have to force myself to not compare to it.

Since the game is not going to be Multiplayer does that mean that it will eventually be like Everquest or WOW where one has to pay to play multilayer on licensed servers?  Just wondering no matter to me as I have no problem playing solo in fact I do often but I hope that the sense of player community formed with NWN will not be missing from Dragon age. It is always fun to see what creative minds make to improve good games as your team did with NWN1

"... my friends and I are all with our debit card ready to buy the game now mind you we are all senior citizens so can't promise any of us will know what we are doing for the first two years, heck I still can't get anyone of them to get past chapter one one NWN1 because they spend all day trying to to figure out how to turn on the computer lol"

Best of luck with Dragon age first day sales if you and your team *yes you to fluffy* <*a fan cheers*> are involved with it I am sure it will be good.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 01:45:32 AM by TarponCrest »

August 05, 2009, 12:11:13 PM
Reply #13

There is a shifter class for the wizard, yes. And there are only 3 base classes, but each has 4 (currently) specialization classes (think PrCs). And as far as I know, there's no plans for anything MP related at all.

August 06, 2009, 06:54:08 AM
Reply #14

There is a shifter class for the wizard, yes. And there are only 3 base classes, but each has 4 (currently) specialization classes (think PrCs). And as far as I know, there's no plans for anything MP related at all.

Super thanks for the reply Now I can vote on your poll as to what should be the first dragon age class MAGE! so I can be a shifter ;).  Thanks
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 06:54:43 AM by TarponCrest »