Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Illithid Slayer (SRD: Slayer) a possible Psionic Prestige class?  (Read 2792 times)

October 09, 2012, 05:48:50 PM
  • Jr. Associate
    • View Profile

I love the Psionics in the PRC, but I'm missing my favorite Prestige class, the Illithid Slayer.

The Illithid Slayer is found in the Expanded Psionics Handbook (generic Slayer SRD version here ).

I was wondering if either this class was in the works already, or if I learned enough to build it for the PRC, then would it be an acceptable prestige class to add in to the PRC?

October 10, 2012, 03:04:31 PM
Reply #1

or if I learned enough to build it for the PRC, then would it be an acceptable prestige class to add in to the PRC?

I don't think it's being worked on, pretty sure room could be made for a new, well made canon PrC.
HEATSTROKE

October 10, 2012, 04:48:17 PM
Reply #2
  • Developer
    • View Profile

That's true - we can still add some new classes to PRC.

I read the SRD description - some class abilities may be difficult to implement in NWN, but it should be possible to add this class without major modifications. If you needed any help just ask ;)

October 10, 2012, 09:18:50 PM
Reply #3
  • Jr. Associate
    • View Profile

Awesome!
I'll give coding it a go then and see what I can come up with.

Here's my very first thoughts on it:
It seemed like the very core basics I won't have problems with because I can review examples of other classes for entry requirements, feats gained as each level, and basic progression.

I'll take a look at other favored-enemy-providing classes to see how they handle that aspect, noting that this class doesn't get *more* favored enemies, only improves the one selected upon entry. I'm not certain about the 'psionic' portion of the favored enemy yet.

Enemy Sense seems like a player-selectable radius search for creatures of the favored type, so not too hard, once Favored Enemy is figured out.

For Brain Nausea, are there any creatures that actually try to eat brains in NWN? I don't recall even Illithids trying that in NWN, but its been a while since I encountered them in play.

Cerebral Blind seems like classic non-detention, but I'm not certain what other effects can be used to detect at a distance in NWN, nor if it’s possible to shield against. If there's any examples of this in effect already or spells/abilities it would intersect with, I'd appreciate any pointers to those so I could look them over.

Breach Power Resistance looks like and OnHit type effect, and there are spells that exist that lower SR for a time, so I can look into how those work.

Cerebral Immunity looks like permanent Mind Blank.

Blast Feedback would probably be the tougher one in that it might have to touch other scripts to check their targeting. But it specifies Mind Blast, so maybe only a couple of scripts will be affected.

October 11, 2012, 07:22:38 PM
Reply #4

For Brain Nausea, are there any creatures that actually try to eat brains in NWN? I don't recall even Illithids trying that in NWN, but its been a while since I encountered them in play.

Yeah they do if you are using their custom Bioware AI.  The PRC's illithid race has an Extract Brin ability as well.
HEATSTROKE