Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Leadership Cohort Level Issues  (Read 298 times)

October 11, 2018, 04:59:22 AM
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Hello, I hope this board is not entirely dead as I am running into an issue.

I have a wizard. Illithid, in case it matters. He has a familiar, and a custom cohort (zakya rakshasa, if that matters)

The wizard has Leadership and 14 cha, so he should be eligible for the highest level cohort allowable by Leadership for his level (he is level 6, so he should have a 4)

The Rakshasa cohort is level 2. When the wizard advances to level 7, the cohort drops to level 1.

I can find no information to explain this behavior. Can anyone assist, or at least advise how to open up the mod to see if I can solve it myself?

Thank you!

October 11, 2018, 08:35:23 PM
Reply #1

I always assumed this was due to races like Rakshasa having high effective character levels(ecls) since it doesn't really happen with human and other low ecl races as cohorts. It also stops happening when your character gets to really high leadership values, in my experience.

October 11, 2018, 11:17:53 PM
Reply #2
  • Adept
    • View Profile

The thing is, I can watch the level drop. I finish leveling from 6 to 7, the cohort leaves my party, kneels, stands back up and rejoins the party. Quickly examining shows the level at 2, then I can watch it drop to 1.

Something is running there, and sees a level 6 with 2cha master and spits out 2, then sees a 7 with 2cha and spits out level 1, and adjusts the cohort accordingly

October 13, 2018, 11:52:55 AM
Reply #3

Did you turn on Level Adjustment or Racial Hit Dice switches in the meantime?
That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons even death may die.

October 13, 2018, 10:08:33 PM
Reply #4
  • Adept
    • View Profile

I have not modified any switches, no

October 17, 2018, 06:17:25 PM
Reply #5

My code comprehension level is not quite high enough to pinpoint the exact point where the interaction of inc_ecl.nss and prc_inc_leadership.nss causes your cohort to first remain at lvl 2 and then get lowered when your level is raised.