Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Question and constructive feedback  (Read 4825 times)

October 29, 2018, 05:54:21 PM
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Thanks to all who worked to make the PRC happen. I used it more than a decade ago and I am enjoying it again now with EE.

I recently made a character with the Shaman base class and I find playing the character is annoying due to the custom spell book. I am sure there was a good reason for implementing the spell book like this but I just want to say that its not fun from a usability standpoint.

At level 1, here is what I have to do to see the description of my spells:

for (i=0, i<number of spells available/3, i++){

1 - Memorize 3 spells
2 - Rest
3 - Find the spells in the radial menu to load them to quick bar
4 - Now I can right click on the quick bar spell to see description

}

I know we can just check the PRC manual but this it just the tip of the annoyance iceberg. I was working on a build and once you're high level and have a lot of spells memorized, the radial menu gets ridiculous requiring you to dig about 10 layers in to find a spell. The spell memorization script also reminds me of early 90s games lol. I think Champions of Krynn was like that. Great game, but that was about 30 years ago. Domain spells are frustrating too because they are not even named in the radial menu... they are just "domain spell" 1, 2, 3 etc. The only way to discover what they are is be experimentation. On top of all that, the quick bar does not show how many uses I have left of every spell.

As a quality of life thing, is there any way to enable the use of the standard spell book or is this some sort limitation of custom classes?

October 31, 2018, 08:57:59 PM
Reply #1

Unfortunately, it's impossible to give standard spellbooks to classes. Maybe the EE will change that eventually.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 09:00:02 PM by Mindflayer »

November 04, 2018, 06:57:26 PM
Reply #2
  • Adept
    • View Profile

Unfortunately, it's impossible to give standard spellbooks to classes. Maybe the EE will change that eventually.

I figured that would be the case. Oh well, still enjoyed the new classes with the custom spellbooks.