Player Resource Consortium

Author Topic: Cross Class Combos  (Read 13196 times)

June 05, 2009, 01:58:53 PM

This is something that Tribal brought up, and I don't know if its in the game yet, but how interested would you guys be in combos that require two classes to use them? The issue here is the AI, because it likely won't combo behind you, so you'll need to watch what abilities they're using and then tag yours to go off quickly.

An example, though, would be that grease spell followed by some kind of sneak or smite from the thief or fighter for extra damage or other results.
That is not dead which can eternal lie.
 And with strange aeons even death may die.

June 05, 2009, 02:05:27 PM
Reply #1
  • Adept
    • View Profile

I personally think it would be quite a good idea (obviously since i brought it up ..) . Not sure as Stratos said about the AI especialy since i have no idea how to even start to make such a class.

June 05, 2009, 11:17:58 PM
Reply #2

It sounds good on the surface; if the AI is moddable like in NWN1/NWN2, it might be possible to have companion\henchmen react properly to a combo attack.

June 14, 2009, 11:12:53 AM
Reply #3

I'd rather avoid AI modding if I could, there's enough other modding that I want to do first.

I was more thinking obvious comboes, which are ones that are likely to happen regardless of the situation. Grease + something is an easy one. I just don't know all the abilities yet.
That is not dead which can eternal lie.
 And with strange aeons even death may die.